I made this cake over the weekend for some friends for a socially distanced grill, and it was DELICIOUS. It has a fudge-like texture and packs a real chocolate flavor punch! Very simple to make too.
And right now, who doesn’t need an excuse to indulge?
What you need:
- 1 ½ c. (150g) almond flour (packed)
- ⅓ c. (38g) cocoa powder
- 1 c. (217g) sugar
- ¾ t. baking powder
- ½ t. kosher salt
- 3 large eggs
- 3 oz. (89ml) vegetable oil
- 2 t. vanilla extract
- ½ c. (90g) chocolate chips
- Powdered sugar, if desired, to serve
What to do:
- Oven: Preheat to 350F
- Prep: Butter sides and bottom of a 9-inch round cake pan. Line the bottom with parchment paper. Pour small amount of cocoa powder and tap and turn the pan until the cocoa powder coats the butter-covered sides.
- To make: Whisk together almond flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. In a separate smaller bowl, whisk together eggs, oil, and vanilla extract. Stir egg mixture into almond flour mixture until well-combined, then stir in chocolate chips. Batter will be thick. Use a rubber spatula to scrape into prepared cake pan.
- Cook: Bake for 25-28 minutes until top is springy when touched, and cake tester comes out clean.
- Cool: On wire rack for 5-10 minutes, then cover with a cutting board or plate and flip over.
Thank you to www.vanillabeancuisine.com for this wonderful recipe!