Networking nerves are a real thing.
It is said that when you’re meeting new people, or entering a new environment, all you need to do is find one commonality and the rest will take care of itself. You can rest assured that when you attend a professional networking event that every attendee is experiencing the same emotion: nervousness. Some people are just better at hiding it than others.
Give virtual networking a try with the LMA Ohio group via Zoom on Wednesday, March 3rd at 12:00 PM ET. The event is structured like speed dating. You will be randomly placed into various breakout rooms with one other attendee for 7 minutes. When time is up you will get switched to a different breakout room with someone new.
We’ve put together some ice breaker questions to help get the conversation going, along with more focused questions regarding attendees roles within their firms and industry. Whether you’re a networking newbie or a championed veteran, a little preparation can go a long way. Reviewing the question list below and reflecting on how you would answer will surely ease your mind.
Networking is so much more than a buzz word. It’s an exercise that you have to continue to practice in order to form the skill. You might not be great at it your first try, but no one is judging. You might not have a career changing conversation your first go, but you could. Networking provides the opportunity to propel your career into areas you would have never thought to explore yourself. Remember, nothing good comes easy and overcoming fear is necessary for growth.
- Name and location
- How long have you been an LMA member?
- Are you working remotely, in the office, or a hybrid?
Roles & Projects
- What project are currently working on?
- Where do you go for good content and insights into legal marketing?
- How is your team structured (how many marketers, at which levels, etc.)?
- How many attorneys do you support?
Marketing & Business Development
- How do you evaluate the effectiveness of your marketing?
- What is your firm’s most effective strategy to generate new business?
- What outside resources do you use to market and generate new work?
- What role do you play in the client service/client retention process?
- What are you doing differently to retain clients and differentiate on client experience?
- What outside resources do you use (technology, consultants, department collaboration, etc.)?
- How did you get to your current position and what advice would you give to someone looking to move up in the industry?
- What do you wish you would have known when you were early in your career?
- What tips or tricks do you use regularly to manage your workload and your attorney’s various personalities?
Virtual Connections: LMA Ohio Speed Networking
Wednesday, March 3, 2021
12:00 PM – 1:00 PM ET via Zoom