Easy Stuffed Zucchini Boats
- 2 large zucchini
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tomato diced
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 1 c pasta sauce or marinara divided
- 1.5 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 c Mozzarella cheese divided
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Brown ground beef, onion and garlic until no pink remains.
- Drain any fat.
- Stir in 1/2 cup pasta sauce, tomato, bell pepper and Italian seasoning. Let simmer 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in 1/2 of the cheese.
- Slice zucchini lengthwise and scoop out the center to create a shell and place in a baking dish.
- Fill each zucchini with 1/4 of the beef mixture.
- Spread the remaining 1/2 cup pasta sauce overthe zucchini boats and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake 25 minutes or until zucchini is soft and cheese is bubbly. (If you did the water bath you won’t need to bake for 25 min, will be more like another 10 or so until cheese is how you want it).
Erin’s tip: I like to slice the zucchini, scoop out the center and place the “boats” face down in a water bath (about 1” of water in your baking dish) and place in the heated over for about 10-12 minutes. Pull them out, dump the water, then go to step 7.