Emily is a Business Development Manager at Godfrey & Kahn, S.C., in Milwaukee, WI.
- In your law firm, would you prefer a corner office or a parking spot, and why?
Corner office! Our office is located in Milwaukee along Lake Michigan and we have gorgeous views. We look out on the Art Museum and the Summerfest grounds. In the summer, there’s lots of boat traffic on the lake and pedestrian traffic along Lakeshore State Park.
- Would you rather have studied psychology or communications, and why?
Psychology. I am a lawyer by training, so I have a background in reading and writing from law school. But I could use the extra insight into human behavior – both to better understand the needs of my attorney colleagues and to better understand purchasers of legal services and what they value.
- What is the most rewarding thing your firm has done for you in 2021?
Wild Night with G&K – The firm has rented out the Milwaukee Zoo for an employee and family event. We have over 700 guests scheduled to join us for a night of fun, food, and socializing with our coworkers and their families.
- How do you celebrate your work wins?
Happy Hours with the team. I am very fortunate to work with a close-knit group of marketing and BD professionals and we all appreciate the ability to have a drink after work to celebrate – or to blow off steam. Team Happy Hours is definitely a perk of getting back to the office.
- What interesting fact about your personal life would you like to share with us?
The most unique place I’ve ever traveled is Cuba. The State Bar of Wisconsin offered a tour in 2019 for both sightseeing and learning from local lawyers. It was fascinating.
- What was your first ever job?
Sales at Bath & Body Works. It probably set me up for some of the success I have now – It gave me an ability to walk up to anyone and strike up a conversation.
- What is your dream car, if money was no object?
No car! I live in downtown Milwaukee and am fortunate enough to live close enough to the office to walk. My walk in to the office is about 20 minutes right through downtown. It keeps me from having to go to the gym! I couldn’t ask for a better commute (except maybe in the winter…)
- If you could have any of these in your law firm, which would it be: (a) Michelin starred lunch restaurant (b) world class gym (c) day care (d) massage and spa center?
Spa center for sure!