Are you an LMA member who wants to have their name in [Midwestern] lights? You’re on the right page. Here’s how to make it happen:
- Decide what you want to write about! Program recaps are only the tip of the iceberg. Have something to say on related industry topics? Maybe you have a creative way of seeing something. You make it LMA-related, we can find a place for it.
- Read the guidelines. First rule of getting published is that you must be an LMA Midwest member. Now you can read the rest.
- Create an image. Images are strongly encouraged. We have standard templates per post type, but we can’t always create a custom image for each post. Tip: use Canva or Adobe Spark!
- Read up on what to expect. And where it gets published.
- And when you’re done with that, use the submission button below. Or, alternatively, email us here.
*Subject to change at any time. Mostly common sense stuff, but it’s going in writing.
- You must be a current member of LMA Midwest.
- All of the general “writer’s code” rules: don’t plagiarize, don’t make things up unless you note it as such, cite your sources, etc.
- Our audience is made of up LMA members and supporters, so tailor your posts.
- We do not verify the names of folks or business/firm names. Content is edited based on grammar/style, accuracy (as known by the editor), relevancy, etc.
- We generally like AP Style and the Oxford Comma. That said, most styles go if they make sense. We’re volunteers, people! 😉
- That said, if you feel like it needs extra review, don’t hesitate to ask!
- No soliciting. Please do not include firm/biz logos in your images. We can link to a firm or business website. (Now, if you want to be a sponsor…)
- We do not allow any racist, sexist, xenophobic, or any other type of derogatory statements/views and will not accept those submissions. And in fact, we encourage bringing to light how those issues impact our industry and what we can do about it.
What to Expect
Step 1: submit your content. Use the form via the link below.
Step 2: await further instructions. You’ll be contacted about your submission before it goes live to verify any changes, contact information, etc., or for other inquiries.
Step 3: verification. Once the details are ironed out, we’ll let you know when it’ll be posted.
Step 4: share! LMA Midwest has several platforms we use to disseminate content:
- Midwest website, which links to the…
- Midwest blog, that gets put into our
- Midwest Digest that’s sent out weekly.
In addition, we post links on our social media profiles:
And yes, we’ll tag you with your permission and information (name used, handle, etc.)